Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Am Not Above Child Labor

Yesterday I was going to scrub my kitchen floors, and by the end of the day it still had not happened yet. They were bad too. I was dreading the chore and I complained outloud, "I don't want to clean these stupid floors!" Collin said, "I will do it, Mom. Whatever job you want, I will do it." Deal, he he he. Collin is so awesome. He has cleaned the floors on two other occasions so he did know what he was getting into. He cleared out the furniture while I swept. The we each started on the end of the room and met in the middle. The whole thing was less than a half an hour. And it was fun to do it together.

Check him out drying the floors:

This is a picture from last time he did the floors. I forgot to take a picture during this stage yesterday. This was the time I paid him a penny a tile! Quite a little businessman, not to mention hard worker.


And here is sweet little Brody. His job is to rinse the dishes as I clear off the table. He does this every night and LOVES it. He is sort of the neat freak at our house. Makes it easy when I load the dishwasher.

1 comment:

Rachel Bailey said...

They are handsome boys. They will be some good workers when they grow up.