Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You Paid What?


I only paid $4.35 for everything you see here. Well, that's not entirely true. My total was $20.35, but I had $16 in Rebate checks that I cashed and used to pay. So technically only $4.35 came out of my checking account. In the coupon world a lot of people do the math by factoring in rebates or other store register reward or catalina coupons as part of their total for that transaction. Doesn't make sense to me when you can't even use them until your next transaction. I just calculate whatever I pay out of pocket for that transaction and that's it. I am trying to use mostly my food storage until I move, mostly because I have a freezer full of meat, but also I don't want to have to pack up all those extra boxes. So I will just be buying produce, dairy, eggs, and bread for the next 5 weeks. Yes, I said 5 weeks!!! I can't wait to move! I am so excited that I am losing sleep over it!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

5 weeks? :(

vwkat said...

Trust me, those 5 weeks will fly by. I should know because I'm down to counting on 2 hands now until OJ comes home. I'm sure you'll really enjoy stying in Texas. Miss you.

Brenda said...

FREAK I'm so MADDDDD. I just went to Wal-mart and spent over 14 bucks for 2 milks and 2 small malt-o-meal cereals (they were over 4 buck a piece!!!). I'm never doing that again...<:{