Sunday, November 22, 2009

Betty Crocker Bit the Dust

Today is Stake Conference so the boys and I are just chilling at home. I decided to do some baking with them. I bought some bananas a few days ago so I could make my famous banana bread muffins. At the same time I was cutting up veggies for some fresh salsa to take to Amber's house tonight for dinner. I figured since I was doing two things at once, then I might as well do one more thing. I decided to make some macaroni salad which is good to have for lunches, and Darrell is coming tonight so I gotta feed him more than pb&j. I was feeling like a rockstar Betty Crocker. Salsa was almost done, first batch of muffins had just come out, and the pasta was ready to be taken off the stove. I grab the handle of the pot and go across to the sink when all of a sudden the handle broke and hot water and pasta went everywhere!! Look at the carnage below:


Of course Collin had to be in the picture.

That sucks, but accidents happen. I mean look at the picture of the pan! It was time for a new one. BUT to add insult to injury check out the picture below. Our toe board was taken off the cabinets because of our water leak incident that has been ongoing for the last two weeks.
I had to reach all the way to the back of the cabinet to get out all the pasta that was getting mushier by the minute in the hot puddle of water. Face the facts though: It still beats going to 3pm Stake Conference with a 3 and 5 year old. :)

No comments: