Thursday, October 7, 2010

30 is the New 20






I did not take very many pictures of Darrell's big party! I know, I know, I am terrible. I was just a little overwhelmed and I totally forgot about it. I should have asked somebody else to do it for me. Oh well. We had a great turn out, and we had lots of fun. We had a delicious barbecue with Darrell's fancy meat (tri-tip) that will be the butt of jokes for a while. The theme was based on the wonderful cake that Amber made, sort of a Darrell/USA theme.
We played a Darrell trivia game which Warren won the fabulous prize: a Rubiks cube. Amber wrote down all 50 states the fastest to win a handheld poker game. She actually wrote down 51, but I was not going to double check that list. Haha! Then we had a puzzle-off. There were 6 teams competing to put together their own 60 piece puzzle of the United States to win a paddle ball set. My friends Mary and May won that one.
We also did a pinata, and I am completely surprised that none of the kids got whacked in the head. All in all it was a fun, silly party. I think everyone had a good time! There was good friends and good food. That's all you can ask for in party. We were especially lucky that Darrell's high school friend, Brad, could fly in, as well as Darrell's mom, Barbara. It was fun to catch up. Brad is welcome at my house anytime. The guy cut up the fruit for the party, did dishes, mopped, swept my front porch, and got Darrell to finally hang up some mirrors for me!
Happy Birthday, Darrell!! Our 30's are going to be great!

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

You're such a good wife. So sorry we couldn't make it.