Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bake Sale Success!

Today was Collin's Bake Sale. I baked all day yesterday, and I think that everything turned out great! Collin earned $13 and was very proud of it. He was a very good salesman. He showed his customers around and told them all the prices. It was very cute. The reason he is trying to earn money is to earn enough to buy THIS Transformer toy. He has been saving his money for the last few weeks. He wanted to start a paper fan business, but I told him there wasn't a very big market for paper fans in the winter. He even charged Amber and the girls money to come over. :) Gotta love a 5 year old. Darrell has some big helper jobs lined up for Collin this next weekend. Hopefully he will be able to earn all the rest of the money he needs through slave labor. I love my little entrepreneur.

Here is Collin's sign that he made. You can't see it very well, but it says, "Collin's Bake Sale." Very cute.

Brody helping with the sugar cookies.

Collin packaging the cookies.

This is the lid of my brand new pot! I was making mashed potatoes for the cinnamon roll recipe, and I had just put the potatoes in to boil. All of a sudden BAM! The lid shattered! I was so upset! I loved this pot. Oh well.

3 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Good job on the bake sale! About your pot lid...did it bust while it was on the boiling pot??! You should be able to demand a refund if it did! I'm so sorry about that, tho!

Lynne said...

I want your cinnamon roll recipe! And how to do it, cause I've never made them!

Brenda said...

Collin's going to be a successful business man someday.