Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Public School Ain't Free


I am so thankful that Collin can go to school and have fun every day. It's great for him, and it's great for me. Holy smokes though! He has been bringing home tons of notes every week! This picture is all the notes from one day, a couple weeks ago. Today he brought home about the same amount! He is always needing money for one thing or another! Since I can't remember what all the notes are about in the picture I will tell you what he got today that I had to do! I call it MY homework.
-Reminder to bring $5 for pics with Santa, due tomorrow
-2 small books from our book order
-Special note thanking me for my book order, because every order we make one book is donated to his class
-New book order form
-Note that says I need to get 2 pictures for Collin's special Christmas project, one of him with me, and one of him with Darrell. Top secret as to what it is. :)
-Note saying that if we want to participate in the Christmas book exchange to bring a wrapped book to school by next Monday
-Note saying that if we would like to help fill the kids Christmas goodie bags to bring 18 small toys, crafts, or treats to school by next Friday
-2 paper plates stapled together with a note that says we need to make this into snowman and bring back to school by Friday. We could decorate however we want to. (What do they do at school all day?)
-The monthly lunch menu.
-Oh and some district newsletter that I didn't read yet.
That covers it for today. I am scared to check Collin's backpack tomorrow!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Are you considering home school?