Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year - Same Goals

This is the time of year where people set goals for themselves to accomplish over the next year. Usually those things start out strong and then fade off by February. I have decided to take a new approach to New Year's Resolutions. I have pretty much the same goals as last year: food storage, get out of debt, exercise, more activities with the kids etc. What I want to do differently is rather than write down a goal and feel warm fuzzies inside for setting that goal, is make a plan and/or schedule a time that I will work on that goal. I know I want to exercise at least 3 times a week, but I also know that I want to take Brody to playgroup on Tuesdays and Storytime at the library on Fridays. So my plan is to exercise Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I get my time with Brody scheduled as well as some time for myself. These are concrete plans, not subject to change. I am also making some serious food storage goals like how much I want to have by a certain date and also how I can increase my food storage by using coupons. Food prices in Texas are a little bit higher than in Utah, ($3 for a gallon of milk! Oh how I miss the days of 3 for $5!) so I have been getting creative on how I am buying some food items at the drug stores to get better prices. Also my debt goal is very high priority. I am still working out some kinks on how much I want to save/pay down debt this year, but I will have an official plan real soon. I guess what I am saying is don't just write down your goals. Write down a plan on how you can achieve these goals. Make time for them. Make 2010 a great year!

3 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Good advice!

Lynne said...

Go ahead and add my debt to your plan! :)

The Liddells said...

Have you checked out foodstoragemadeeasy.net? They have some checklists they send to you for free every two weeks. At the end of a year, you will have a year's supply of food storage. It also includes getting you prepared for emergencies as well. I really enjoy it. I've been doing it for about 2 months. YAY for food storage.