Saturday, April 10, 2010

5k Victory!

I ran my first 5k today! My wonderful friends Mary and Rachel ran with me. It was amazing! I feel really great, and I want to do another one. Next race will have to be when Darrell is home, because it was a bummer to not have him there. My goal was to run the whole thing without having to walk, and I did it!! I do not know my time though, because I didn't even see the clock. Ha ha! Mary and Rachel came it at 36 minutes and I was there a few minutes before them. I am guessing my time is 32-33 minutes. I ditched them at mile 2 when they had to walk. :) What a feeling of accomplishment. It was so fun!



5 comments:

Hfoutz said...

Gel, I am so envious...you really are an amazing woman!

wholarmor said...

Good for you!!! Keep up the good work!

Maren and Dustin said...

So cool for you ladies. Who took your pictures?

Brenda said...

Congrats Gel. I'm so proud of you!

Gel said...

Maren- Chester took our group pictures and I took the running pics of Mary and Rachel. I beat them by a few minutes so I had time to grab my camera and go back and catch a pic as they came in.