Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Seen Better Days

My poor little Brody-o. He really had a tough day yesterday. He had thrown up overnight and had been running a fever all day. He was coloring at the window in the kitchen yesterday evening when WHAM! He hit his face on the ledge of the window.

His top two teeth cut a pretty big gash in his bottom lip, and his top gums were swelling immediately. I didn't want to check to see how loose his teeth were, because we had been here before with Collin, and he had lost his first tooth at age 4 1/2 due to a similar accident. Finally I checked and both teeth were loose, one worse than the other. I was having a panic attack, and Brody was bleeding pretty good. Bad combination.

Finally I made it to the ER (I thought Bro's lip would need stitches) and Brody was acting like his normal self again. The bleeding was stopped and he was fine until the nurse asked him to stand on the scale. Then he started screaming from there on out. (Same thing happens to me when I stand on a scale.) Finally we talked to the doctor and he said that his lip will just heal and his teeth may or may not fall out, but the dentist won't do anything to it, because they are his baby teeth. I really think the one tooth will fall out relatively soon, but the other will hold on for a while. My poor baby. He is refusing to put the ice on his lips so they are huge! Hopefully we will have some better luck around this house in the near future. It seems like one thing after another.

4 comments:

Peter, Gina, Zeke & Klaus said...

poor guy... but look at it this way a bunch of house wives pay big bucks for lips like those

wholarmor said...

Poor little man. I cut my lip with my teeth a little while ago. Thank goodness I didn't knock any teeth loose! Hope they will hang in there for a while for him.

Brenda said...

Poor Brody! He still is adorable though!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy. Hope he's feeling better.