Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Lesson in Couponing

I took my friend, Lydia, on her first coupon adventure yesterday. She had only been collecting coupons for one week so I gave her a bunch of mine to get the ball rolling. I wish we had more because the Albertson's sale is going on next week too. I had lots of fun helping her learn the ropes and I hopefully didn't overwhelm her. It's a lot to take in, but once you figure out the lingo and a few tricks it's easy as pie. Check out the amazing deals she got:

Smiths:
4 - 50 oz tide
4 - 13.5 oz. aussie conditioner
4 - 16 oz. Ken's dressing
5 - 6 oz. Beechnut baby food
3 - 5 oz. packages tuna fish
6 - 4 oz. cans green chilies

Total Value - $62.30
I spent - $16.90 at Smiths.

Albertsons
9 - 1 lb. 10 oz. ragu spaghetti sauce
8 - 10 oz. vaseline intensive care lotion
2 - 30 oz. best foods mayonnaise
4 - 300 count Q-tips
8 - 15 oz. skippy natural peanut butter
5 - 8 oz. bags chex mix
9 - 16 oz. wishbone dressings
2 - 3.1 oz. Betty Crocker warm delight brownies
3 - 8 pouch fruit roll up/ fruit gusher/ fruit by the foot combo boxes
1 - 8 pouch fruit roll up
6 - 12.25 oz. boxes Honey Nut cheerios
5 - 11.23 oz boxes cookie crisp
8 - 12.8 oz. boxes cinnamon toast crunch
3 - 18 oz. suave body wash
3 2.6 oz suave deodorants
1 - 17.5 oz. Betty Crocker choc. chip cookie mix

Total Value - $287.75
I spent $44.19
Plus I have $19 cash back to spend the next time I go to Albertsons.

So.... essentially I spent $25.19 at Albertsons.


3 comments:

Peter, Gina, Zeke & Klaus said...

holly cheese I need lessons on it to that rocks

Lydia said...

I have made pie, it isn't so easy. Also, you are a lot smarter than I am. That being said, I think it is going to work out. I am SO excited!

Gel said...

I would say the Tide at Smith's was worth $16 alone. And the 19 boxes of cereal was worth at least $40 on its own!