Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Visit With Friends

Yesterday I got to visit with my best friend from high school, Lydia. Now that I am in Utah I can stay in touch better. It was hard enough to keep track of myself with all the moving around, let alone family and friends.
She has 3 kids. Hunter, 6 1/2 (the 1/2 is very important), Remi, 3, and baby Bentley age 6 months. Collin just had a great time being a tag along to Hunter. Now he is going to bug me to go to Hunter's house all the time.
The boys played in the "ditch" in the front yard and got completely soaked. Thank goodness I was prepared and brought extra clothes. Then we ate at Del Taco. Some of you poor peasants may not have heard of this fancy restaurant, but us rich aristocrats have dined there often. That was completely chaotic and noisy there. I found myself shouting across the table just to carry on a conversation.
Then we headed to the park to play. The boys played so well together. We barely had to watch them or intervene and that made it really nice. We just chatted in the shade with the baby. Brody would hang out with the big boys and then come back by me. He is just his own little soul doing his own thing. He is funny.
Both of my boys wanted to take care of Bentley. Brody is so gentle with babies. It really is unbelievable.
I brought my camera to take pics of the kids together, but I forgot until the very end. Here are a couple though.



Brody looks so beautiful modeling one of Bentley's bows.

Happy baby girl. She was so good. Never cried!

And this is my Collin snuggling up to the baby. He was trying to take care of her.

We had a fun day with you Lydia. Hopefully we can go to Hunter's house again soon!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Come down any time! We had a lot of fun too.