Monday, July 14, 2008

We Made It!!

So we are in Utah now! The flight was ok, but the layover was killer! I survived though and we are so happy to be here on the mainland again. There are lots of funny little things that I noticed were different. Like how a shopping cart is called a shopping cart, not a wagon. It's different, but it's home.

Darrell will be here tomorrow evening. He went to Dallas to interview for a job. It's a company where he would travel, but be able to be flown home, which can be anywhere. And Thursday he is going to meet with a local company here in Salt Lake. No traveling. I hope they offer him the job and want to pay a competitive wage. Utah wages are a little on the low side, but we will see. I would really rather not deal with the traveling anymore, but I think Darrell is leaning towards that job. We will see.

I am so glad to be back and hopefully be posting more often again. Goodnight ya'll. Mahalo!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Good use of ya'll and Mahalo in the same line.

I am glad you are back!

Gel said...

I did that on purpose. I thought everyone would like that! :)

Lydia said...

Of course. Remember when we were learning the rules of writing in high school? Miss Beckwith told us that once we had the rules done, we could break them, kind of like Hemingway, who followed no rule. That is what I thought of when I read this line. You are so funny. I don't know why, but I have always thought so.

brookiebaby said...

I think you're funny too! :) Ha Ha! I'm glad that you're back in good ol' Utah! :) Where at in Utah? YAY!