Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Three Month Supply

So I am really into getting food storage, but I haven't been doing very well the last year or so. I am getting back on track with my goal of having my 3 months supply. See the new Church Pamphlet.
So in my blog I am going to put up the item of the week that I am going to put in my food storage. I am going to try to gather long term food storage here and there as I can, but I am going to purchase one item per week to put in my short term storage. I will put up a picture of my purchase every week. Thursday is my regular shopping day so I will post a picture every Thursday of the food on my now empty shelf. You can watch how much food I gather. I challenge everyone to do the same. Either choose the same item as me or choose your own. Let's get our food storage up to par together!
Anyone got a catchy name for this weekly posting?

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Okay, so I read the following post on a friend's blog:
http://ganellesmith.blogspot.com/2008/09/any-ideas.html
It was about where to put your money during this crashing economy time.

My uncle, John pulled his fortune out just before the recent crash, he was lucky. When my mom asked him where he was going to invest it, he said "food storage. It's the only safe commodity to invest in."

VERY interesting.

YES! I'm in with you on this! You are my motivation.

Only, do you think freeze-dried squid counts as an item? That seems to be in mass supply here in China.

Hannah said...

Hi-
I found your blog when I was googling food storage.

If you ever need any food storage tips or ideas, feel free to check out our blog. It's a step-by-step guide for beginners and non-beginners alike. We are also working on our 72-hour kits right now.

Good luck with your food storage!
Hannah @
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/

Lydia said...

Sweet! Look at the info you are generating. I'm up for the challenge, maybe.

Remember when you made me do my Youngwomenhood thingy that I never got? This will be like that. Only this time I promise I won't complain. This is something I want to do.