Thursday, February 5, 2009

Three Month Thursday

So I am taking myself up on my own challenge. I am working on my water storage this week. We have a fancy storage shed on the deck of our apartment. Perfect for water storage! There was a deal at the grocery store this week: Buy 10 3 liter waters for $10 and get a 24 pack of bottled water. I did this twice! So now I have 20 3 liter water jugs! Plus the bottled water that we use more on a regular basis. My gallon of milk was 3.78 liters so they are roughly 3/4 of a gallon. I really like the jugs though because they are more heavy duty so I will be able to keep them a long time and they store well. Also if you notice in my picture I have 9 3 gallon jugs. Darrell got these from his work over a year ago. One of the companies on his job site would buy these for their drinking water every day. Darrell collected them and he was so proud of his find! We got them cleaned up and sanitized about a month ago so we could fill them and store them. I REALLY like the 3 gallon size because they are manageable for me. The 5 gallon jugs are just too heavy. (Not that I am moving them around all the time! LOL!)
So if you are doing the challenge feel free to copy any of my mediocre ideas! :) I just want to get out the cattle prod and make all ya'll commit to my challenge! It's not that hard and once you get into it you realize it's not overwhelming and it's surprisingly fun. So this week add to your 3 month supply or get some water storage. Also I read Amber's blog with her wheat recipe. I will be trying this in the near future. Thanks for your support! I look forward to more entries!!!



1 comment:

Amber Grannis said...

Do you guys have a Coca Cola (or other soda bottling) plant nearby? They will sell you a 50 gallon drum for $5! You have to wash 'em out cuz they have syrup residue in the bottom. But hey, 50 gallons worth of storage for $5 aint bad!