Thursday, February 26, 2009

Three Month Thursday

So I didn't take a picture this week. I put everything away and then realized I didn't take a picture, but by that point I didn't want to get everything back out. I bought a 36 pack of TP and put 12 of the rolls in my 3 month supply. I also put in 3 boxes of cereal.

Also my mom is canning some chocolates for me. :) I don't know the exact process, but I will have canning jars full of clearance valentines candy after tonight. We also tried some raisins. It's sort of our experiment to see if these type of foods will still be good after 6 months, 1 year, and more. I will let you know. My mom has even seen how to bottle butter, meats, and even eggs. (I don't know if I trust that one.) We will try out all these and let you know. Amber said her sister bottles meat and it's good. Worth a shot when it's the end of the world.

Anyway, I hope all two of my readers are getting their food storage in order. I am going to take a picture and inventory of my 3 month supply to let you know how far I have come these last few months. My best estimate is that I have a 6-8 week supply. I really need to get more meats and proteins. Anyway get storing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should. :-(