Thursday, February 19, 2009

Three Month Thursday

So here we are at another Thursday where I didn't go shopping. Kind of a busy day today. I was actually going to go shopping tonight with my mom. We are trying to start doing the coupon clipping thing. It's not in full swing yet, but we are trying to do it together. Brody skipped his nap today though (yes, I have been making him nap everyday for the last couple weeks! Yay for mean moms!) so he was a wreck and we just didn't go. So tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. :) I do have a shopping list though so that's a start.
Does anybody else do the coupon thing? I know that it works for some people, and I think that it will help boost my food storage, but it's a little complicated. If anyone has any great advice send it my way. Suzanne, I know you did it before. How did you like it?
ANYWAY my Food Storage Contest seems to be a bust. Only a handful of people have said they wanted to do it and so far I have only seen any action from Amber and her Wheat Pancakes. (Sounds like an act at the circus.) So if no one else sends me anything by the end of the month, which is only a week away, then Amber wins by default. I guess I will give myself some extra milk too.
I guess all I can say is: Buy something for your three month supply today. Also I always love tips, comments, recipes, etc.

1 comment:

Phil and Sami Carter said...

Hi Gel, I just saw your blog off someone else's. I really like how your so encouraging on getting your food storage. We are in the same boat, even with the economy bad I'm still trying to keep my food storage going! I really like coupons, and I have shopped with the grocery guru a few times (he brings all the coupons, and gives you great tips...www.utahcityguide.com/new/guru he post great ideas, menus, and where to shop each week. The key is getting a sunday paper, clipping your coupons, and checking the ads each week. If I'm good I'll spend 2 hours going through ads, and matching coupons, then shop at walmart and have them match the prices. It takes a lot of time but being a stay at home mom, I figure that's how i can help out. So its really worth it! Well I hope that helps!