Monday, June 16, 2008

Ahh...I'm home at last!

I just returned from my brother's wedding in Kansas City. It was very beautiful, but simple. They had it in the back yard of a family friend. They had acres of grass (think small golf course) surrounded by huge beautiful trees. It was like a huge private forest. There was a large circle of yellow daffodils right in the middle and that is where the ceremony took place. This is like my dream yard so I guess it made it that much more beautiful to me. She didn't have too many decorations or flowers because you just simply didn't need it. She had a couple white pillars with some medium sized flower arrangements at the front for the "alter" and that was it.
Tiffany was stunning and Jeff was handsome. They both looked so happy and excited. They had been together almost 5 years so it was about time! Corley was his best man and he looked so grown up all dressed up in his tux. He is actually taller than Jeff now. Little brotha ain't so little now!
One highlight for me during the ceremony was when the preacher said "Tiff and Jeffany." Everyone laughed and it took him a second to figure out what he said. They have a good sense of humor though so it was all good.
Tiffany's family was so nice. I had actually met them all once before except for her older sister. Tiffany is the youngest of 3 girls. Her oldest sister, Amber, is 5'10" and her next sister, Ashley, is 5'4" and sweet tiny little Tiffany is 5' nothin'. Such a huge spread in one family. I really liked Amber and we talked a little bit. She is about my age so we got along great.
It was nice to have all my siblings together at the same time. I really get along good with Corley even if he threw me down in the grass. I am too old for that stuff! So that was fun to hang out with him. And Alicia is growing up too fast. Junior high next year. We went shopping and I bought her some hair clips at Claire's and a cute shirt and bangle bracelets from another store. She is so stylish.
Since Corley was the best man he had to do a toast. He didn't believe me at first when I told him a couple weeks ago. The day of the wedding I asked him if he had thought about what he was going to say. He is only 17 so he didn't know much about toasting. I mean we are Utah Mormons we don't do that sort of thing. I have been to mucho mucho weddings the last few years so I told him what he was supposed to say. Two minutes before the toast he had me tell it to him again. He gave his little speech and he did a fabulous job! He was nervous, but you couldn't tell and I am just so proud of him!
I had a lot of fun on my quick trip to Kansas City. LONG flights though and I am glad to be back home with my 3 guys. I have never been away from them for so long. I missed them, but I had a great time being able to do what I wanted when I wanted. Such freedom! Now I will add some pictures in other posts now that you got the whole story here.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I am suddenly very nostalgic. I wish I had been there. I would have loved it. I can't believe that Jeff is married and Corley is giving toasts and Alicia is in junior high. Crazy.