Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tricked!

So I just bought the card game "War" for Collin. It's a very simple game you play with face cards, I just bought him kid friendly cards. Both players lay down a card and whoever has the higher card takes both card. This game goes back and forth and drags on forever until one person has all or most of the cards. It's pretty fun to play with Collin because I know he knows the number values and that makes me think he is the smartest 4 year old that I know. :)
Anyway Collin wanted to play War with me and I have so much to do today, but I said I would play for a little while. He got the cards ready and then I came over to play. As we are playing I notice I don't have a single card higher than a 5. Finally I play a King, obviously an oversight, and won like a few hands until he got an Ace out and took my only hope away. Collin had rigged the cards! What a cheater! I had one face card and one 8 and everything was like 5 and under. Can you believe him?? Needless to say, he won.

Anyone up for a game of War?

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a smartie you have on your hands, Gel! Sounds like a great game.

Lydia said...

Sounds like his mom!

Gel said...

Lydia, I literally laughed out loud when I read your comment. So funny! I still cheat when I can. :)

brookiebaby said...

I used to play that game all of the time with my grandma when I was little - but unfortunately, I never thought of cheating - it would have made that game go by lots faster! It can turn into a several day event! :)