Monday, June 2, 2008

Turning 27

So the last few birthdays I have just dreaded getting older. I hate it and I get all upset about it. Well this year I am having a better attitude about it. 27 really isn't old. I mean Paris Hilton is only like 26, right? I am young!
I think that I have just felt older since having kids. I mean I had Collin when I was 22. (A month shy of 23.) That's really young to have kids. I guess my thinking is somewhere in between being a "Utah Mormon" and being a regular member of society. A lot of my friends from Utah got married young and had kids right away. Then I have friends all over the country that didn't get married so young and waited to have kids.
I know that I have done what works for me and that's all that really counts. I have done a lot of exciting things in my life so far and I don't plan on stopping! Maybe in another blog I will list all the exciting things I have seen and done. :)
I have a new lease on life and I am going to stop worrying about getting older and just enjoy being whatever age I am! I am not normal, but you know what, I never have been! I am going to start having more fun every day.

3 comments:

brookiebaby said...

I feel your pain. I will be 27 next month, and am having issues. I feel old, but add to that people judging me for being almost 27 with no kids! I agree with you, people should do what works for them!

Lydia said...

You have always hated getting older. You are so funny. I remember being so excited to turn 18, you not so much.

I have decided that people shouldn't be allowed to have children until they are at least 32 years of age. I was WAY to young!

Katie said...

man- i had a hard time turning 27... and when people ask me how old i am i don't want to tell them... is it already starting? :( i know it isn't that old but i just don't feel like i should be in my late 20's i feel like i should be in my EARLY 20's... and i had my first when i was 25 and i have friends who waited and i always wonder what life would be like if we decided to wait. (not that i regret it because i love my kids... they just make life a little more complex.)