Wednesday, September 3, 2008

D'oh!




So today was Collin's first day of preschool. It was also my first day back to the gym in about 2 months. I was excited to get back to exercising and to stop feeling so blah. I knew that Brody wouldn't do very well in the childcare because Collin wasn't there.
I signed him in and left him quickly. I went right to the treadmill because I knew my time was limited. The room must be sound proof because I could hear him crying every time another mom would open the door. Then it would be quiet. Then crying. Then quiet again. It was funny.
After about 20 minutes I decided to let the torture cease. I go to get him and he is standing at the door with big crocodile tears. It was actually very cute. Poor baby though.
So then I can't find my keys...anywhere! I tear apart the diaper bag, which needs to be cleaned out desperately, and can't find them anywhere. I asked the childcare worker if she has seen any keys. She looks all over the desk, but not the extent of actually getting out of her chair. Um, yeah, I could have done that.
I go ask the front desk guy if anyone has turned any in. I am like 99% sure that I left them on the childcare sign in table. I definitely didn't have them with me when I was running. I searched through all the toys and playhouses. This play area for the kids is the biggest at any gym that I have ever been to. There are like 20+ kids in there! I couldn't find them anywhere.
My theory was that another mom accidentally picked them up. So hopefully they would turn up. In the mean time I needed a ride to pick up Collin from preschool in like an hour. I had to use the gym phone to call my dad to come pick me up. I just got his voicemail. I knew he was going to be around today so I left a message just hoping he was screening calls and would hear my message.
I went outside with Brody to just sit on my trucks tail gate to wait...and wait...and wait. After about 10 minutes I decided that he wasn't coming. I started walking. I kept hoping all the way there that he was going to come pick me up. Never happened. It was about a 2 mile walk with a 21 month old boy. I carried him almost the whole way. I guess I got my workout today after all.
I get to my parents house and my dad was there. He said his phone didn't ring and he had it with him the whole time. Jerk! The message was on his phone, but I guess it didn't ring. Oh well. What a long morning.
Good news is that the gym called me about an hour later saying they found my keys!! Just like I thought, another mom accidentally got them in her diaper back. Hooray! All is well.
Oh and Collin had a great first day at preschool. I will get some pics on here later.

No comments: