Monday, September 1, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Now this might come as a shock to my beloved readers, but I AM NOT A CAMPER. Darrell loves the outdoors and so do our boys. I tolerate it because we have a trailer with running water, a bed, and a/c! :) It's barely camping, I know. Don't judge me.
We had a fun weekend with the boys. It is Brody's first time "driving" a four wheeler. He kept his thumb on the gas and I would steer. He didn't want to get off of the four wheeler. He just loved it. We were out two nights and that was plenty long for a sissy like me.
We only got out the kids four wheeler. Our other one we didn't want to hassle with. Too much work!! We ate hamburgers, played Bocce ball, and rode the four wheeler around and around and around! The kids had a great time. Collin loved collecting the firewood. He is such a busy kid all the time. Here are a few pictures from our fun weekend.




Colling cheating at Bocce ball.


The men getting the fire ready.

Brody trying to start the four wheeler. Nice try buddy.



The cutest little Grannis brothers.

All three of them riding a 50cc kids four wheeler. LOL!

Brody just wouldn't get off this thing! He had a blast!

3 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Looks like a blast! It's still too dang hot (and HUMID!) to even consider camping yet. Maybe if I had a camper, tho...
What is bocce ball? I've never even heard of that? Glad you guys had a fun weekend with Darrell in town!

brookiebaby said...

Your kind of camping (with a trailor) is my kind of camping! I used to be tough and rough it in tents on river banks, but I'm too prissy now! :) I can't help but get soooo nervous when I see pictures of 4-wheelers.. I guess for obvious reasons, but I'm so glad that you had helmets for your kids!! :) What a good mom! :) Glad you're back in Utah!

Lydia said...

I blame my parents for our aversion to camping. If they would have camped like normal people maybe we would both like it more. :)

It looks like you guys had a great time. I love that Collin cheats. I don't know why, but it makes me so happy. LOL