Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Go Blue Fireballs!!




Yep, it's soccer season. I actually really enjoy watching soccer. My brother played all growing up and I just really get into it. Collin's team name is the Blue Fireballs. They had a very important team meeting where the boys had to decide this. It was between that and the Dragons. Collin voted Dragons so he's actually pretty bummed. I told him Dragons breathe fireballs so it was pretty close. He bought it.

Collin has always been pretty coordinated so it didn't surprise me that he was pretty good on the soccer field. At this age they play 4 vs 4 on a small field with no goalie. They have 20 minutes of practice and then a 25 minute game. Pretty much it's a herd of 8 kids running around chasing the ball. Collin's first game went really well and he scored 4 points. He is mad though because he would have scored 5 times if his own teammate didn't steal the ball from him right in front of the goal. His second game was his turn to sit out 2 quarters. There are 6 kids on the team so everyone has to take a turn to sit out twice in the game. He did score once though. He is the next David Beckham don't you think!?!

2 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

That's cute. I've always wondered, Where do they come up with these team names?! My friend is coaching his son's team and they are called the Silver Streaks. I figure as long as they don't have any Silver STREAKERS they'll be fine.

brookiebaby said...

He's got that soccer blood running through his veins!! :) I'm sure that makes your dad and brother happy! :)