Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Royals Homecoming




Last Friday I went to my brother's Homecoming football game. I haven't been to a live football game in years. It was so much fun. The kids love all the cheering, the live band, the cheerleaders, and oh yeah, the football. The only thing that would have made it better is if Darrell let me get the cheesy nachos. He kept giving me a look every time I mentioned it though. I think he saved me from heartburn or worse though. :)
Unfortunately the Roy Royals lost their own Homecoming game. Oh well. They just didn't play very hard. Kind of blah. Corley plays linebacker and receiver. He did a pretty good job. One thing that I thought was funny that actually wasn't so funny was one of the first plays of the game. He's on defense and the opposing team is close to scoring. Cor covers his man who happened to get the ball thrown to him. Corley tips the ball away... (good,right?)...right into another guys hands for a touchdown. What a lucky play for them. Unreal! And the game didn't get any better from there on out. Oh well.
We had a great time cheering him on. Also Collin got the give the mascot, a lion, a hug. A big highlight for him. We survived with the kids until halfway through the 3rd quarter. It was about 9pm by then and the kids were just done. We really had an awesome time. I would love to go see another game this season, when Darrell is back in town to help with the kids. Love you Corley, you rock!

And here is a picture of Corley and his lovely date, Fern (I forget her real name, but that's what he calls her) for Homecoming:


2 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Warren has season tickets to all of the Texas State games (since he's an alumni) and he keeps trying to talk me into taking the whole fam damily. I've been pretty resistant. But you're the second blog I've read lately where small children were towed to a football game and it wasn't a total disaster. There's another home game coming up next weekend...hmmm...

brookiebaby said...

Where did our tinie, tiny siblings go??? Remember when Corley and Brendan played city-league soccer together? I think they were like 5 or 6???? Is that possible??? Wow! I feel old!!!!