Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Burnin' Down the House....





So we had a little excitement today. I made it to the gym (first time this week) and I was about 20 minutes into my work out. I hear a fire alarm go off. It wasn't in the gym, but I could tell it was close. I waited a few seconds then went to the front doors of the gym and Sunny (the lovable Hawaiin front desk guy. Think Hawaiian Santa Claus.) He said there was smoke coming from the bar next door and we needed to get out. I ran over to the Kidz Korner (lame) and grabbed the boys. The girl in there hadn't even heard the fire alarm, because the door was shut and the tv was on. Talk about making my heart race. So everything was fine, not really that dramatic, but the bar was on fire next to us. As far as I could tell no one had been in the bar yet. They serve lunch there, but it was 9:30 in the morning and I don't think anyone would be there yet. The boys, especially Brody, were really excited to see the firetrucks, 4 in all, and several police cars too. I moved my truck across the parking lot before the fire trucks got there so we wouldn't be in the way. We watched smoke pour out the front door of the bar for about 15 minutes. Very exciting! I don't know what happened, but I will ask next time we go to the gym. Crazy!



Here is the picture from my camera phone -

You can't really see much, but the building that is on fire is the one right behind the fire truck on the right and the gym is the next business to the right of that.

No comments: