Monday, December 29, 2008

Food Storage Updates


So Three Month Thursday didn't really happen again this week, but at least I do have a good excuse: Christmas. Mostly I got pasta, but it doesn't really count because I stole some pasta from my supply so I am actually replenishing my supply. But I did manage to get some extra too. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, but back to business this week! Get some food for your three month supply. Do it every week with your regular shopping. Make a space specifically for your food and start saving...now!!


Also we got our food storage from my mom's basement. We were starting to add to our long term storage until we moved to Hawaii. Now that we are back we need to get our butts in gear again! I couldn't even remember what we had so I made a list of what we already have. And yep, you guessed it - I am posting that list!!!
Oats - 6, Rice - 8, Cocoa -1, Fruit Drink - 1, Red Wheat - 1, Onion - 1, Sugar - 1, Macaroni - 7, Spaghetti - 7, Potatoes - 1, Flour - 1, Quick Oats - 1, Milk - 2, White Wheat - 2, 24 pack of ground beef, and 2 5lb buckets of honey. That's quite a long list!! How awesome! It's sort of like giving myself a headstart for the year. So I encourage everyone to go to the cannery with their ward when possible or at minimum buy some extra things that you can rotate. Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last I knew you were in Hawaii. Where are you living now. I notice you said you were "back" but you guys have lived all over! I can't keep up!

Brenda said...

Yes, Gel, your replenish of the pasta COUNTS! That's what food storage is all about. You didn't STEAL pasta from your supply you ROTATED it! You've got to give yourself credit for how AWESOME you are! :) Love ya!