Thursday, January 1, 2009

Three Month Thursday - On Time!!


So last week I was going to skip doing my Thursday post. Then on Friday when Darrell and I were going to shop he asked what I was going to get for my blog posting food storage. I realized then and there that I have faithful blog followers, even if they live in the same house as me!! Yay me! I can't let you guy(s) down!
I also found this really awesome quote from President Hinckley: We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with one week’s food supply and gradually build it to a month and then to three months. I am speaking now of food to cover basic needs. As all of you recognize, this counsel is not new. But I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. Begin in a small way, my brethren, and gradually build toward a reasonable objective.
Does this not describe what I am trying to do here or what?!? Little by little it really adds up. I need to clear out some more space for my storage. There is hardly anymore room on my one little shelf. I keep cramming stuff up there and it's getting a little out of control.
It's a new year. Make food storage one of your resolutions. It's important and it's a lot easier than you think. It has really helped me to be accountable to my loyal reader(s) on my blog. Now it's a habit! If it helps, post a reply to my blog about what you do every week. You will feel like someone is hearing and noticing your efforts. Good luck everyone! I wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

That's so cool that you found a quote form Pres. Hinckley to reflect your efforts. I know he would be proud! Keep it up! This year I'm working on living off my food stroage. I know it seems kind of weird but that's where I am in my life now. We've had a lot of 100% whole wheat pancakes that I must say are delicious! And you don't even need a grinder just a plain old blender. Do you want the recipe?