Monday, January 26, 2009

Banana Bread Muffins


So I have made several batches of these over the winter months. Suzanne even teased me about it. That's ok though because once you try these yummy treats then you will understand. They really are not much to look at, but they are delicious. Here is the recipe:

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 cups flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp soda
6 small bananas (mashed)
1/2 to 3/4 bag chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine dry ingredients and stir into butter mixture alternately with bananas. Fold in chocolate chips.
Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen muffins.

I prefer to use muffin papers, but you can grease the pan if you like. Put in as many chocolate chips as you feel like. I find that I overdo it sometimes and it's not a good thing. We eat these as snacks and even for breakfast. So good! You gotta try them!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Nice recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Checkout my blog for more great Banana Bread Recipes!

Lydia said...

MMMMmmm. Looks good, I would love to bake some, but I would prefer it if you made some and brought them down to me. I think that would taste a lot better!

Amber Grannis said...

ooh, haleigh can't eat wheat these days. looks like i'll just have to eat 'em all!

Anonymous said...

Yum. I'll have to make some. But I'll probably just use the mix I have in my cupboard, lol.

Brenda said...

That's a far cry from 3 dozen. Where are the rest? And how do you keep your girlish figure with these around! I know you work out but seriously??

Brenda said...

By the way, how many cups is 6 small bananas?