Thursday, January 29, 2009

Skiing Fun!!

So Darrell had an idea that would either be super fun or a total disaster: Take Collin skiing. It was a risk we were willing to take and I am so glad that we did. Collin is an AMAZING skier, which really isn't a huge surprise to me because the kid is extremely coordinated. We had so much fun! We went down the practice bunny hill about 3 times and then headed for the big lift. He did so great and after a few runs he was only falling once or twice per run. At the end of the day he had two big crashes where skis went flying. I think it was because he was a little too confident and was going too fast. Overall though he kept his balance and pretty much went faster than I wanted to. I am a big wimp! I haven't been skiing in years. (Not that I was ever an expert skiier though.) It was really fun to watch Collin go flying by the ski school with kids his age and older. :) My little superstar!
Getting all geared up for the first time -


Look at me!! Darrell got this picture as Collin went flying past him. Lucky shot too because our camera is really slow.


My little man -

The Boys -

Fog schmog, let's go! -

Ahhh....we wore him out! Notice the headband. He thought it was so cool that I was wearing that so he asked to wear it after I was done. :) Funny little man.


-

4 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

what a blast! warren's totally jealous.

Hfoutz said...

What an awesome day. I am a terrible skier myself, but it looks like a lot of fun!

Brenda said...

This reminds me of when we took you skiing. Good times! Collins a lot like you. Love the last pic...had to laugh out loud...what a cutie!

Lydia said...

That looks like so much fun. I can't imagine that Hunter would be any good at it, but I think Remi would love it. I have been snowboarding for 8 years, since my honeymoon. I am soooo jealous!