Thursday, January 8, 2009

January Fitness Jump Start

So December has come and gone, but the few pounds I have gained have only come and not gone. It's a new year and I really don't like New Year's Resolutions, but it is a good time to start over. I want to jump start my fitness. My fitness goal for January is to go to the gym 6 days a week. Huge, I know, but this doesn't mean 2 hours there. I can go walk for 30 minutes if I don't feel up to anything more, BUT I have to go. I haven't decided what my reward will be other than my health. Ha! I think that I am going to get some new work out pants for myself though. There you have it: If I keep my goal of 6 days a week of exercise then I get a new pair of exercise pants!! I find that if I tell people my goals that it puts pressure on myself to keep those goals. That's all. :)

3 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

i'm the same way...if i blab to the world what i'm gonna do, i feel obligated to do it. plus, i have pride issues and don't want people knowing i fail as often as i do!

Hfoutz said...

I have to agree with you both...if I say what my goal is it's really embarassing not to succeed :) Good luck Gel!

Lydia said...

I have actually heard that if you buy new workout clothes, you are more likely to workout. Especially if you get clothes that you feel great in.

Good Luck!