Sunday, January 25, 2009

Food Storage Shelving





As promised I am finally getting around to take a picture of ALL my 3 month supply that I have moved to 2 new shelves. The larger shelf is in my closet. I have a huge walk in closet, but the washer and dryer is in there too. Kinda weird. So the shelf that is above the washer and dryer is not really easily accessed so it's a good place to put my storage that I am not going to be using on a daily basis. And my other shelf is in my closet too. I bought a cheap ($30) plastic shelving set up. It has 4 shelves and it fits perfectly in my closet, out of the way. As you can see both of these shelves are filling up fast!!
I also wanted to post the pictures of my kitchen cabinets. (The two pics below.) Don't mind the disorganization! My pantry shelves are full too! This has not always been the case. When we were in Hawaii food was so expensive that we only bought enough for one week (our pay period) at a time. If something serious happened there we would have been in big trouble! So my kitchen cabinets are overflowing too and I am really excited about it! Just wanted to keep everyone updated as well as motivated. If someone like me can do it then you can do it too!!



1 comment:

Lydia said...

You are so awesome! I can't even get myself together enough to buy groceries on a regular basis. I really suck at this kind of stuff. You go girl!