Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How Do You Do It?


So over the last few weeks several of you have asked me how I get such great coupon deals. So easy!! So I am going to show you my step by step purchase this week.

I did two transactions at Albertson's


Transaction #1

Kraft Deal buy $10 of various products get $3 off instantly

I bought 2 packs of Bagelfuls @ $2.50 each = $5

5 Kraft BBQ sauce @ $1 each = $5

Total = $10

-$3 for Kraft Deal

-$1.50 for .75 coupon off Bagelfuls x 2

-$3.75 for .75 coupon off BBQ sauce x 5

Total for this promotion = $1.75 BUT I got a $2.50 Catalina (Coupon speak for coupon that prints out at end of transaction) for the BBQ sauce

Buy 4 get $2

Buy 5 get $2.50

Buy 6 get $3


Also in this transaction I got a deal for the medicine products - Buy $30 worth of various products get a coupon for $10 off next transaction. $30 is BEFORE coupons!

Benadryl 3.99 x 2 minus $1 off coupon

Sudafed 3.99 minus $1 coupon

Viactiv calcium 5.99 minus $2 coupon

Bandaids 2.50 x 3 minus $1 off coupon x 3

Baby wash 3.00 minus $1 coupon

Pantyliners 3.00 minus 1.50 coupon

Total before coupons = 31.46 - 8.50 in coupons = $22.96


SO our total from promo #1 + promo #2 = $24.71 Not too bad right?

Well I had a Catalina from last week for $5 off

Plus I am a Mrs. Fancypants who had an exclusive coupon from Pinching Your Pennies for $5 off a $30 purchase.

My total including tax for this transaction was $15.61

Now remember I just got a $10 and a $2.50 coupon printed off for my next transaction.


Transaction #2

Milk 1.89 x 3

2lb Cheese 3.99 x 2 (These don't expire for a long time so stock up when they are this cheap!)

Bread 1.57 x 2

Lg Eggs .99 x 2

Yoplait .49 (when you buy 10) x 10

Coupon for Yoplait .40/6 (not that awesome, but use it if you got it)

PLUS our $12.50 from last transation

Total out of pocket = $11.48 including tax

Both transactions = $27.09 Pretty great considering all the medicine I got. I am going to stock up on medicines and cleaning supplies now.

So that's how I do it ladies! Not that hard. Some people like to save their Catalina coupons until the next week, but generally I use them in a second transaction. I don't want them floating around in my wallet where I could easily lose them. I always shake my head and wonder why I didn't do this sooner. It's easy! And it really does save lots of money!!!
Now if you want to see someone who is truly amazing check out Jane and her $800 ANNUAL budget!! Amazing. She gets like 20+ sets of coupons per week from friends and family plus she has stores in her area that double and triple coupons on a regular basis. She also donates a lot of stuff that she gets for free. She is incredible!!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Love the frogs, by the way.

So, coupon lady, let me ask you this. Do you think I do really save by using coupons in my little ol' town with two associated food stores?

If so, how do I get started?

Lynne said...

LOVE IT!!! I'm heading there tonight. Did you know there are coupons for the bbq sauce to make it free from ss? I'm so pumped! I'm babysittting today so I'm going to head in after and use the money I get and see how far I can stretch it! Btw, I love your new background. FuN! Next either of us visits the other, we need to go couponing together!

Lydia said...

Also, thanks for sharing Jane's website. I am excited to check it out more!