Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bountiful Baskets

As you all know, I have been doing coupons for a few months now. It's been a great blessing to be able to stock up on my food storage as well as save money. One thing that NEVER has a coupon though is produce. Well, now I have a solution for that. I found an awesome co-op! It delivers to my area every other Saturday. Look at how much food I got for $18! Next time I only have to pay $15, but all newbies have to pay a $3 basket fee. It was so easy to pick up too. All the food is already divided up. You just check in, pick up your food, and check out. We were there 5 minutes! We got plums, grapes, tomatoes, blackberries, a tiny watermelon, and the list goes on!! Last time they had pineapple and mangos. Every time will be different. Also they have a new drop site that is about 5 blocks from my house! This week I drove about 10 minutes, still not bad, but it will be nice to have it even closer. The drop off today was 7am, but the one next week is at 7:30 am so that will be nice to not have to wake the kids up. They should be up by then. I am so excited! It's so nice to have fresh produce in the house. If you live in Utah or Arizona check out bountifulbaskets.org or I recommend finding something similar in your area.



1 comment:

Lydia said...

I am so jealous. I love co-ops. April is involved in one. So awesome.