Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Free Pasta Salad


Look at all that Kraft Pasta Salad! Everything pictured was $36.18 if you can believe that. I am calling this weeks shopping list: Hubby Stock Up Week. Darrell was home this past weekend and there were no snacks here for him. I usually like to keep frozen appetizers and things like that around so that we can curb the fast food urges. So I got frozen pizzas, both large and personal size, pretzels, tortilla chips (since I am up to my ears in salsa), and steak sauce. Also I treated myself to some Limeade. Doesn't that sound like the best summer drink?
Now getting to all that pasta! It was free. I only paid tax for it!! It was part of a deal where if you buy 10 certain products (about a hundred to choose from) you get $5 off automatically at the register. The salads were $1 each and if you buy 10 you get the $5 off. Plus on the box there was a coupon for $1/2. So 5 of those makes it FREE! I got 20 of them. They are not my favorite thing so I gave them all to my parents. I think that I am going to go back and get some more and donate them to the food bank. What a great deal!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

is the pasta just the pasta or or does it have a season pack in it. we love pasta salad but my secret recipe

Gel said...

The pasta is separate from the packet of seasoning. Personally I think that the seasoning is WAY to strong making it totally disgusting. Some say add italian dressing and some say add mayo. 6.5 oz of pasta though. Just use the pasta and throw away the seasoning packet. :)

Gel said...

"too strong"

Marsha said...

Italian dressing and salad supreme seasoning form mcCormick and a ton of veggies supper good