Sunday, June 28, 2009

Month in Review

My goal (unrealistic) for June was to spend $40 per week for groceries, not including diapers. Well I definitely went over, but I still did awesome. I spent $231.33 for the month of June! That is amazing! I used to spend more than that in 2 weeks AND not have any food storage to speak of. One thing that I did to help with the cost of diapers this month was to use my Register Rewards from Walgreens to get them cheap. I spent $24.23 in diapers for the month of June! That is so awesome. Although I do need another pack of diapers tomorrow so add about $10 to that total. I can't wait to be done with diapers. Brody went on the potty today!! I think this was the first time! So awesome!! I am not going to be quite so cheap during the month of July, but it is realistic to plan on $60 per week for groceries and household items. My budget includes toiletries and cleaning supplies. It's almost a new month so I am challenging everyone to set a grocery goal. Pick a number try to stick to it. $40 a week didn't go so great for me, but it was awesome to try to save every last penny. I can't complain, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Good job! You came really close to $40 and I was rootin' for ya!