Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Needy

So I am asking you guys for a lot of info these days! Well, it's not gunna stop! This one is a pretty easy one though. I need some book recommendations. I am looking for something that is a relatively light read that I can take to the gym with me and read while exercising. Nothing too intense. I like mystery type books and girl power books. I never know what is good when I go to the library. I just stare at the shelves like a lost little puppy. Oh and if anyone recommends "Twilight" I will kill you on the spot. Just kidding. I don't know why I don't want to read that book. I guess I just don't want to follow the crowd. Darrell told me that I should just read it and get it over with. I might give in to the dark side someday, but for now I am irrationally boycotting it. I know, I am weird.
Oh and sidebar- Do you like my new background? Finally I did something after all this time!

3 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Ha Ha! I'm sooo with you! I will NOT read the Twilight series! When everyone tells me that I should read them, it just makes me not want to that much more! I do like however, any book by Mary Higgins Clark. She has very good mysteries! She has a few new ones out. And you can get them in paperback at walmart for like $5! :) Not too bad!

Amber Grannis said...

ok, so i'm pretty sure our tastes in books are very different from each other. i've gotten really picky/snobby about what i read. i guess it's because i really don't have any extra time to be reading, so if i'm going to utilize my precious time reading, it BETTER be very well written, uplifting, and clean. that being said, i'll just tell you what i've read recently that i enjoyed: "The Goose Girl" "When the Emperor Was Divine" "Austenland"
Anything by Jane Austen is fabulous. I'm having a hard time finding contemporary adult fiction that I like. I've started reading YA and Youth fiction to preview things I'd like to read with Taryn. We loved anything by EB White ("Charlotte's Web" "The Trumpet of the Swan" "Stuart Little"), The "Little House" series, The Series of Unfortunate Events books (although I think 13 books in a series is overkill...we stopped at book 6), Eragon, and lots of others. If you want a light read but don't want to read a poorly written piece of junk, you may want to get a list of recently awarded YA fiction books. You might be surprised at how much you enjoy them! Happy reading!

Lydia said...

Well, I am not such a good person to ask. I have not read anything good for a while. I like YA books too. They are always simple to read, and usually pretty clean. If you find anything worth while, let me know!