Thursday, November 20, 2008

Three Month Thursday

Alright, my friends, it's week four. I know most of you don't have your butt in gear about this, but you need to!! Go out on your next shopping day and buy something extra. This week I chose to get a few non food items. I bought a 4-pack of toilet paper (this much MIGHT last my family a week), a large bottle of dish soap, a 3-pack of paper towels (I got this accidentally because I thought I had ran out, but I had a whole unopened pack so I put this weeks purchase into long term storage), and two pack of wipes. I bought the 6 pack box of wipes and just put two into long term storage. I also decided I wanted to get some soap, maybe a couple bars. This isn't too much stuff! You guys can do it. A little here and a little there. I mean look at my shelf! It's getting full and fast!
Designate a spot in your house that is specifically for your 3 month storage. No one has an excuse, because I can say fairly confidently that I have the smallest living space out of everyone who reads my blog! Put it under your bed in a box if you have to. Find some room and start putting a little bit away....today!
Also if you notice in the picture I have 2 lighters. I bought those to light the pumpkins and never did. I decided I would save them in my storage so that was a nice little bonus.
One little thing I have been doing is I make sure that I don't run completely out of something. Particularly diapers and things like shampoo and body wash. Never be completely out of something. Have a back up under your bathroom sink. Suzanne is really good with that kind of storage. When we went to her house she had lotions, toothbrushes, shampoos, and all kinds of things under her bathroom sink. This was to always make sure she had extra if her guests forgot something as well as a great way to have a 3 months supply, whether she thought of it that way or not. :)
So I hope that I have either pumped you up to go get some storage OR made you feel super guilty about not having storage so you go out and get some anyway.


2 comments:

Hfoutz said...

Jake and I have been talking about our storage, and our very next shopping trip we are starting to gather some extra things. I said we'll just get an extra can of anything we are buying to start and he said "how about 2!". Thanks for keeping the important on our mind :)

Lydia said...

Thanks.