Thursday, November 13, 2008

Three Month Thursday

Yep, it's already been a week. This time I have photos. Sorry about last week. So this week I kind of got a variety of things. A few cans of beans - all kinds, a spaghetti sauce, 2 salt (33 cents at Walmart), 2 cans of chicken broth, green beans, and some pineapple. It's all kind of random stuff. What I did was buy an extra can of everything I was buying for the menu this week. It's stuff that I know we will eat. I wanted to make sure and get a fruit and a veggie this week as well as a little protein. I have plenty of carbs with all the rice and pasta.
I probably spent about $8-9 this week. That is a little more that I have spent that last two weeks, but I did get a lot of great stuff. So it's time for me to challenge you! Go out and buy 2 or 3 cans extra this week or go get a couple boxes of pasta. Whatever your pantry is lacking get a little this week. And then a little more. And then a little more. Look at my shelf already and it's only been 3 weeks!! It's not that hard. This week I just bought double of what I was buying already. A total no brainer! It's food that I know we will eat. So go forth and hoard food!


2 comments:

brookiebaby said...

I LOVE your food storage posts! They honestly motivate me (and make me feel guilty...but in a good way!!) I always hear "get your food storage" but who knows where to start? So I really appreciate your expertise! :) Keep it coming!!! :)

Lydia said...

Okay, so I decided that I was going to start accounting back to you. Thus far, I hate to admit it, I have just been reading your posts and not doing anything about it. I resolve to do better. :)