Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Quit.....

So I quit one of my babysitting gigs! I couldn't take the every day after school torture. I was watching a 2nd grade boy and he was a handful. He didn't like Brody bugging him (too bad!) and he was teaching Collin lots of naughty words. He liked to play computer games, which is fine, but he knew all the killing games websites. He liked violent stuff and my kids just don't need that in their lives. So it's been a great first day free of him! We went to the beach with some friends, which is lots better than babysitting! I feel such a sense of relief, like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.
I am still babysitting 3 little girls, not at the same time. All 3 are about twice a week for only 2-3 hours at a time. No big deal. The little girls are all around Brody's age so they just play and eat. It's nice to not have to do it everyday.
It will be nice to have more time to be with my kids again. Brody really didn't like that 2nd grader and he was getting jealous of the time I spent with the other kids. I never thought in a million years that he would be bugged by having other kids over.
Brody is such a laid back kid. He takes a lot of crap from Collin and he really goes with the flow. He doesn't cry a lot. He has always been a good eater and he has slept through the night since about 3 months old. All around just a good well tempered baby. And now he is jealous of these other kids. Really surprising to me.
Anyway it was a great beach day and we enjoyed ourselves! I need to get tan before Jeff's, my brother, wedding in June. I can't show up and be a white girl when I live in Hawaii.

No comments: