Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mr. Brody No Pants


I put Brody down for a nap at his usual time. He has been pretty good about naps again so that's why it was surprising that he was crying in his room. After about 10 minutes of crying I went to check on him and this is what I found:





I had just changed his diaper and I didn't put his shorts back on because it is ridiculously hot today. Brody threw everything he could out of his bed, including his diaper. Also he peed out the side of his crib. Yep, there was a nice puddle next to his bed. Lucky me. At least we have laminate flooring so that makes it easier to clean up, but it's still not fun. Another joy of motherhood: unexpected nakedness and urination.

2 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Ok, now THIS is something I have phenomenal amounts of experience with. Haleigh had a nickname for a long time...Hoodini. She was NOTORIOUS for stripping off that diaper every second she had the chance. We tried putting the diaper on backwards...that worked for about 30 seconds cuz she's pretty dang bright and figured out that one pretty quick. We resorted to duct tape on her diaper tabs...that worked for about a week...then she realized she could slide the diaper over her tiny hiney. We ultimately ended up duct taping her clothes together! I'm not even kidding! Her bedtime and naptime uniform was thus: a diaper (w/tape on the tabs, just in case), a onesie with extra stubborn snaps, pants, and a huge amount of tape right around her waist where the pants and the onesie met. We called it her super hero belt. If Mr. Brody No Pants is even HALF as tenacious as Haleigh was at that age...you're in for almost a year of pleasant diaper fun. Good luck!!

Lydia said...

LOL that phase is wonderful. I had to safety pin Remi's clothes together. A couple of times he messed his pants, then took his diaper off. Disgusting.

That is a cute picture. I love it!