Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I've Been Had

So it's Darrell's favorite holiday today: April Fools Day. I hate this holiday, because he tries to trick me every year. I hate being tricked or made to look like an idiot, but he got me today. It wasn't a big one, but still funny.

Darrell goes to work at 6am and I am not a morning person at all. I am not one of those wifey's who get up and cook breakfast and prepare my husbands lunch for him. If he wants to eat lunch, he can make it himself! :)

So today he came in and said goodbye as usual and I know I grumbled something that might have sounded like "I love you" or "Finally the bed is all mine" - one of the two. So I hear him leave and then come back in like a minute later.

He says "My motorcycle is gone."

I sit up so fast and say, "Are you kidding me??!?!?!??" My heart was racing and a million thoughts went through my mind.

He keeps it up, "Did I park behind you or in the visitor parking?" (They threaten to tow you if you are in the visitor parking more than 6 hours, but I have never seen it done.)

I can't remember what I said or did, but then he started laughing and says "April Fools!"

I said I hated him and I rolled over and went to sleep. :) As I said before I am not a morning person. You could trick me way too easily at 6 am!

I hope everyone has a great April fools day! Don't get tricked or fooled! And don't answer your phone if Darrell calls!

2 comments:

Warren said...

Ah hahahaha! that's good!

Amber Grannis said...

What a turkey! Warren's never tried to pull a fast one on me. I think last year (or the year before) I told him I was pregnant again. HA!