Thursday, April 17, 2008

Maui Drivin'

I have lived a lot of places and everywhere I go I notice the driving habits of the locals. Here are a couple of examples of Maui drivers.




  • Drive slow. If the speed limit is 45 make sure you are going max of 40 mph. There are no freeways here. Highest speed limit I have seen is 45 and frequently its 35 mph or less.

  • If someone needs to merge or turn left in front of you, always let them in, period.

  • Yield signs mean nothing. People just keep going without stopping or slowing down.

  • And last, but not least, (this one is my favorite) always yield to pedestrians even if it means slamming on your brakes and causing someone to rear end you. This happens all the time! Pedestrians are not lunatics jumping out in the road to cross the street. Locals just want to be friendly and let you cross, but half the time if they would have kept going I could have crossed right after. It's really great that they are so concerned and aware of pedestrians, but they literally slam on their brakes.


1 comment:

brookiebaby said...

Yuck, I have such road-rage I dont' think that I could handle such low speed limits!!!! GRRR! :)