Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sleep....sure wish I had some.

It all started last night. Collin fell asleep on the couch while I was making dinner at about 5:30 pm. I figured he would sleep maybe an hour and that would be it. Brody was a wreck at about 6:30 and we put him in bed. It was nice to have a peaceful night so I didn't want to wake Collin up. He stayed asleep on the couch until 8:30 when I moved him to bed. I thought it was great that he stayed asleep! It was a nice night, we turned the tv off and just talked and relaxed. I really liked it.

Then at 12:45 am Collin woke up....for the day! He didn't want to go back to sleep. I got him set up on the couch, turned on the tv, and gave him a pop tart (his favorite) and a water. Of course I put the other pop tart on the counter so that he could get it himself later.

Then he wakes 3-4 more times for various reasons. He needed something else to eat. I told him about the spare poptart on the counter. He said that he already ate that. I thought that was funny. He didn't have dinner though so he had to be starving. Another time he went to the bathroom and I still have to pull his pants up, even though he can do it himself.

Finally at 4:30 am he came in and I told him he needed to go back to sleep for a little while. Apparently he did because he didn't come back in after that and Darrell got up at 5:30 and Collin was asleep.

Needless to say it was a rough night for me. Collin woke about about 8am and so my day begins. I am not going to the gym. I am exhausted. I am going to go to play group at 10 am, if I can get my act together and take a shower.

2 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Oh, Gel. Don't you know that's what they invented Benadryl for? Ha! Just kidding...sort of. Sorry to hear your night was so rough! Those darn late-day-accidental naps! I remember Taryn going through an entire phase of middle-of-the-night second wind kind of energy. She was much younger tho. And I really have no room for complaining or even to hand out advice because I am convinced God gave me the world's best sleepers! He must've known I would pull every hair out of my head and be a really really REALLY bad mommy if I didn't get a decent chunk of solid sleep at night. So there you go. You're already heaps of a better person than me because God knew he could give you a few rough nights of sleep and you'd still be a nice lady the next day!

Lydia said...

I hate late afternoon naps. They are the worst. It seems like it takes days to recover from the aftermath.