Tuesday, April 1, 2008



All I can say is that I am really lucky to be able to stay at home with my kids. Things are so extremely expensive here that most people have both parents working full time. It's really nice to not have that stress in my life. Parents have to work opposite shifts because daycare here is so expensive. That means they really don't get to see each other and that would just really suck!

I am actually starting to do a little babysitting. I have an 18 month old gorgeous little Hawaiian baby who I watch on Thursday and Friday from 4:00-7:30 and a 2nd grade boy every school day from 2:00-4:00. It's not a lot, but it's something. That's 17 hours a week, a regular part time job, but I don't have to leave my kids. In fact it gives my kids a playmate. I really like it because it's not for extended periods of time.

I am also trying to get another little 14 month old girl during the mornings for a few hours. She actually needs me because her boss is going on vacation for a month so she has to work more. So for a month she wants me every morning for 3-4 hours. Then after that just an occasional sitter like when she does errands. She works nights and her husband works days. What a life!

Anyway, I am very grateful that I get to stay home. I am so happy I have a husband who can support us and give me this great opportunity. My kids are the best!

1 comment:

Amber Grannis said...

Girl, that's a lot of watchin' other kids! Don't spread yourself too thin. But I hear ya on the blessings of the SAHM gig. It's a rare thing that not a lot of moms get to enjoy. I'm always floored at how we've managed to pull it off year after year...even when things looked SOOOOOO bleak financially. I DO take on a few piano students, but it's not like big bucks or anything. Isn't it great to be married to a great guy that appreciates and supports the importance of having you home with the kids? That's the best place for you to be when they're young and still learning so much from you. Keep it up, Gel! You're a supermom!