Monday, April 21, 2008

Zzzzzzz......

Collin has been a very heavy sleeper all his life. Sometimes it might take a while to go to sleep, but when he is out - HE IS OUT!
Collin had fallen asleep while I was cooking dinner. I usually don't like him to take such a late nap, but I figured I would wake him when we sat down to eat. I tried to wake him up nicely, but he wasn't even budging. I decided if I stood him up and made him walk across the room to the table that would wake him up. Nope. I stood him next to his chair and this is what happened:


We were laughing so hard. We also got this on video tape. Darrell was trying to wake him up and he wouldn't get up. He slept like this for about 10 minutes. So funny!

He also is a very noisy sleeper. He snores sometimes, but he frequently (as in almost every night) talks in his sleep. Sometimes we can understand him and sometimes he is speaking jibberish. If you have ever shared a bed with me (the only person who is going to read that that has shared a bed with me is Lydia) you will know that I am not a calm sleeper myself. I have acutally gotten a lot better and I really don't move around a lot, but I sometimes snore and talk in my sleep.
It's funny that Collin did this sleeping thing yesterday, because the funny example about myself also happened yesterday -
Darrell and Brody were both taking Sunday naps. Collin was playing computer and I was watching tv and fell asleep on the couch. Collin was annoyed by the tv being so loud he couldn't hear his computer game and he came over to me on the couch.
Collin: Mom, what are you doing?
Gel: I am reading a book.
Collin: Ok, I am going to turn the tv off.
Sounds like a normal conversation except that I was 100% asleep and none of my books were anywhere in sight! So funny! Collin didn't even question it, he just wanted the tv off.
Never a dull moment in this house!!





2 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

That's hysterical! None of my kids talk in their sleep...to my knowledge. Warren does sometimes; it's a little unnerving. What drives me nuts is when he gives me attitude while he's sleep-talking! He's basically told me to shut-up and leave him alone before! All in his sleep! I'm not sure if I should just forgive him since he "doesn't know" he's doing it...or if these are deep-seeded feelings he just doesn't have the guts to come right out and say to my face when he's awake.

Lydia said...

Hey at least you some what prepared me to sleep next to a freight train every night. Hunter and Remi both talk in their sleep. Sometimes it creeps me out. Remi will giggle. It is so funny.

I love that Collin would just sleep standing there. He is so cute!