Saturday, April 26, 2008

Poor Baby



My poor little "Deedee" got hurt yesterday. He slipped on our stinkin' laminate floor hit his face on the wheel/brake of the Play 'N Pak bed. Blood everywhere, screaming, the whole nine yards.

Collin had bit his lip when he was about this age and we took him to the doctor and they said it would just heal on its own. Well, Brody's wound was actually a large hole inside his upper lip, way worse than Collin's, and I was trying not to overreact, but I was positive it would need a couple stitches.

I called the Urgent care place and they thought I should go to the emergency room if I thought he would need stitches on his mouth. They said the emergency room doctors would make a less noticeable scar. I told them the hole was inside the mouth so I didn't care how pretty the stitches were. I wasn't going to pay for an emergency room visit, especially if he didn't actually need any stitches.

Our suspisions were confirmed: No stitches necessary. Thank goodness! That would have just been a nightmare. I am glad that we went to the doctor even though I knew in the back of my mind everything would just heal on its own. I would have been up all night if I didn't take him in to the doctor, just wondering if I did the right thing.

Anyway, everything is all good, except for the big ugly fat lip. It doesn't seem to bother him though. My poor little baby!

4 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Ouch! That looks (and sounds) awful! Poor little guy. I guess he's at that age tho...lots of battle wounds. Glad he didn't need stitches. I remember when Taryn sliced her tongue open...major blood!! Freaked me out and we spent several hours in the ER. Bottom line (straight from the surgeons mouth) all she needed was to suck on some popsicles for a while. The most expensive popsicle diagnosis we've ever had!

Lydia said...

Poor bubba. That is no fun. I'm glad that it wasn't worse, but that looks like it hurts! It is nice when your fears can be calmed by a doctor, but I hate PAYING the doctor to tell me to "wait it out," or it is "just fine."

brookiebaby said...

Oh, not fun at all! I'm not envious at all of that aspect of motherhood! FYI. I changed our web address so that it doesn't have our last name anymore. It's now:
ry4nandbr00ke.blogspot.com (use the number 00 instead of oo)
Just thought I'd let you know!
Take Care!
Brooke

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad he's alright! Did you go to your lunch party yet? How did it go?