Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Creepy Crawlies at My House

There is a lot of insect life going on in this humid climate. I thought that I would just share some of the interesting bugs that I have to deal with daily! This doesn't even count the ants that are coming from the apartment next door into the boys room.




I have never captured a photo of a live cockroach at our house. I stole this one from photobucket. But I can guarantee you we have lots of these guys running around my house. This is just a part of life in Hawaii. Everyone has cockroaches.




Here is the giant moth that was hanging out on our front screen all day. You can't really tell from this picture, but this thing is huge!




This is one of 3 almost transparent lizards that live in and around our back porch. One time we saw them fighting (or having sex?) and one lizard had the head of another almost entirely in his mouth. Gross! We also have a bright green gecko who lives in our back yard.




This beetle type bug has yet to be indentified. Don't worry though, I killed him. Collin hates when I kill bugs. They are his friends, he says.




Darrell was talking about this centipede type bug to a guy at work. Turns out that it's really poisonous. I just scooped it up with a dustpan and threw it outside. I could have died!! Ok, at least gone to the hospital.





I posted this gigantic furry fly before. I seen them all the time now. Really gross! Always remember to keep the screens shut.

1 comment:

Amber Grannis said...

Ok, I have to draw the line at centipedes! That would totally gross me out! Gee, and I pictured Hawaii as the charmed place to be living. I'll stick with my mosquito hawks and june bugs, thanks.