Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Buddy Brody


As you might know Collin is a mama's boy. He has always liked me over Darrell to the point that it kind of hurt Darrell's feelings that Collin didn't ever want him. I guess I am just so wonderful. :)

Well with Brody it has been the complete opposite. Brody likes me alright, but he would prefer Darrell or my mom or any other male figure (Grandpa, uncles, etc.) over me. I always would tell Darrell to not let it hurt his feelings, but now I can see how upsetting it is.

Lately though I have been his #1. I have really enjoyed spending one on one time with him, playing, reading, singing songs, body slamming, and all those other fun mom things. Maybe it's just that Collin is more independent now so Brody can actually spend time with me when Collin isn't all over me. I don't know.

All I can say is that I have really enjoyed Brody these last few weeks. He has even gone to me over Darrell and I am telling you that NEVER happens! He's my sweetheart who gives me booger kisses.

2 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

I know whatcha mean. Taryn and Haleigh have been glued to me from day one...but Brooklyn is all Warren's! She misses him more than me, prefers him over me, snuggles him more than me, you name it. My only consolation is that for a long time she called him "momma"! But now she's got the "daddy" word down pretty good and it's all I hear towards the end of the day.

Lydia said...

My kids prefer my dad over anyone. Remi tells me all the time. He says, "Papa Gary is my best friend."