Saturday, March 15, 2008

Toddlers and Naps

The reason that toddlers take naps is not scientific or psychological. Some people (who don't have children) might say that it's time that they are growing or developing their brain or they are just exhausted from playing so hard or other such nonsense. All of these are valid points, but all of them are wrong.

Do you want to know the real reason that toddlers take naps? It's simple:

TODDLERS TAKE NAPS SO THEIR MOTHERS DON'T KILL THEM.


On that same note, it's 1:15pm and Brody has still not gone to sleep after 2 attempts. I guess I better go get him up. His normal nap time is about 11 am.

3 comments:

Warren said...

I may have to agree with you there. While I'm not the mom, I do know that one of the key factors for Amber putting the girls down for naps is so she doesn't go crazy.

Amber Grannis said...

I love naptime!! Luckily, my girls are pretty consistent about going down. If they happen to be in utter rebellion when it comes to napping, it's usually an indication to me that they're not feeling well...or they're just being punks! Good luck!!

Lydia said...

Ahhhh nap time. What a blessed event. Unfortunately this event only happens with the best behaved child I have, Bentley. I love nap time!