Friday, March 7, 2008

Oh the Places You'll Go!

Every time we move people ask us where we are from. For normal people this is an easy answer. But for me it's a whole different story. I could say where we lived last, where we went to high school, or where our cars are registered and our mail goes. Yes all three of those are different. From time to time I like to count how many places we have actually lived since we got married. Here is the full list. It's mostly in order, but things get a little fuzzy when you only live in a place for a couple months. Here goes:

1. Grand Meadow, Minnesota
2. West Jordan, Utah
3. Prescott Valley, Arizona
4. Talani Lake, Arizona
5. Glen Burnie, Maryland
6. Idaho Falls, Idaho
7. Gainesville, Texas
8. Albuquerque, New Mexico
9. Alton, Illinois
10. Hermosa, South Dakota
11. Augusta, Georgia
12. La Salle, Illinois
13. Gainesville, Texas (again)
14. 2-4 weeks each in the following New Mexico towns : Truth or Consequences, Santa Rosa, Tularosa, Albuquerque, and Gallup.
15. Maumee, Ohio
16. Pueblo, Colorado
17. Vernal, Utah
18. Neola, Utah
19. Kihei, Hawaii

I also went to Livingston, Montana and Star Valley, Wyoming for a week or two each, but that doesn't really count.

My married life has been an adventure and has really kept me on my toes. I have seen a lot of awesome things all over the country and I have met a lot of amazing people. I don't have a house of my own or a "normal" life, but who is normal anyway?!??

4 comments:

brookiebaby said...

K, I guess I really have lost touch with you...why the heck do you move so much? People think that I'm weird that we've lived in 5 different cities since we've been married for 2 years, but you win! :) Hey, is Gainsville, Texas by Dallas? It sounds familiar...it may be close to my parent's town of Denton, Texas...???
Love reading your blog! :)
Take CAre!

brookiebaby said...

That is crazy! When were you in Gainsville? My parents moved there in April of 2006. My dad got a great job out there, so they were off! :) I think that we went out to visit them once and went to the Gainsville zoo! :)

Lydia said...

And then there was me. Completely opposite profile.

Amber Grannis said...

I can feel an anxiety attack coming on just reading through that list of moves! And y'all have only been married like 6 years. I think that might'a been a deal-breaker for me...you're a good woman, Gel! I say Darrell owes you a house...in a cute neigborhood...with good schools...and an awesome ward...with an address you plan on keeping for a GOOD LONG WHILE!