Monday, March 10, 2008

Poem(s) of the Day

I am doing home school preschool for Collin this week and I found a few kids poem books. This poem is from "For Laughing Out Loud : Poems to Tickle Your Funny Bone." They are all kids funny and sometimes irreverant poems. Collin loves it. Here is one of my fav's:

The Parent

Children aren't happy with nothing to ignore,
And that's what parents were created for.

~Ogden Nash


And this one was making Collin crack up. We had to read it over and over.

I Wish I Had a Nickel

I wish I had a nickel,
I wish I had a dime,
I wish I had a boyfriend
Who kissed me all the time.
My momma took my nickel,
My daddy took my dime,
My sister took my boyfriend
And gave me Frankenstein.
He made me wash the windows,
He made me wash the floor,
He made me wash his underwear
And he kicked me out the door.

~Anonymous

I am sure that you could guess that the "underwear" part was his favorite. Enjoy!

1 comment:

brookiebaby said...

Love them! sooo funny! I can totally see you being a great teacher/mommy! Don't forget to teach them about journalism and AP English!